Mitsui E&P Australia’s Mid West Community Grants will open in January and July from 2023 for sponsorship applications from the community.
Please read the information on this page carefully prior to submitting a sponsorship application.
Please note, sponsorship applications are currently closed. The next round of Mid West Community Grants will open later this year.
Mitsui E&P Australia (MEPAU) supports communities in which we operate by partnering with a range of not-for-profit organisations and funding locally driven initiatives that contribute to community development.
Our key focus areas include:
- Education, particularly science, technology, engineering and mathematics topics;
- Employment and training opportunities for regional communities especially youth;
- Sustainable community initiatives involving social engagement, health and fitness and also the natural environment.
MEPAU has developed an assessment process to ensure any funding is appropriately and transparently provided.
To assist applicants, MEPAU has developed sponsorship guidance and information details required for the sponsorship application to be considered. Sponsorship guidance is provided in Table 1.
|Supported Projects||Not Supported|
|· Projects and organisations providing benefits to the communities where we’re operating (eg Shire of Irwin)
· Projects that provide local community skill enhancement, education and/or training
· Activities which encourage community connection and promote a social environment of trust and respect
· Locally based environment and natural resources based projects
· Projects relating to improving local community safety, health and wellbeing
· Political organisations or campaigns
· Religious organisations for religious activities
· Private companies or commercial entities
· Activities which encourage the irresponsible use of alcohol or promote gambling
· Activities which are usually exclusively funded by government
Sponsorship application information
Applicants are asked to provide the following details about the sponsorship request:
- Contact details
- Name of organisation/event:
- Contact name, phone, email, address
- Overview of the organisation/event
- How can we help? (eg provide information on the specific partnership opportunity you’re seeking our support, including costs)
- Provide information on your organisation/event sponsorship structure as well as any other sponsors. What are the goals of your organisation/event?
- What are important deadlines, if any?
- Who is your target audience (eg are they local)?
- What fundraising activities are being taken to supplement the sponsorship request?
- What sort of opportunities are there for AWE employees to get involved?
Sponsorship requests are welcomed throughout the year. To apply for a sponsorship, please visit the Sponsorship Application page.