At Mitsui E&P Australia (MEPAU), our aim is to enhance the communities in which we operate. The Mid West represents an important part of our operations and every year we inject on average more than $4 million into the Mid West economy through wages, contracts with local suppliers and service providers and through community partnerships.
As a company, we support the local community by partnering with organisations and local not-for-profit groups to provide better services for locally driven initiatives.
Our key focus areas include:
- Education, particularly science, technology, engineering and mathematics topics;
- Employment and training opportunities for regional communities especially youth;
- Sustainable community initiatives involving social engagement, health and fitness and also the natural environment.
MEPAU is currently supporting a number of local worthy organisations including:
- Central Regional TAFE MEPAU Scholarship
- Dongara, Jurien Bay & Carnamah High Schools – Energy Club’s Next Generation Program
- Bush Fire Brigade Program
- Dongara Denison Drive-in Outdoor Cinema
- Funtavia Festival
- Irwin District Charity Ball
- Mid West Chamber of Commerce and Industry Business Excellence Awards
MEPAU has developed an assessment process to ensure any funding is appropriately and transparently provided and helps to meet the stakeholder engagement objectives. We welcome sponsorship applications throughout the year. Find out more about sponsorships.